It’s been a busy and successful year. So here are some of our highlights…
- Dr Sally Anstey obtained her PhD with minor corrections.
- Amie Hodges and Nikki West were awarded Florence Nightingale Foundation Scholarships to support their part-time PhD’s
- Mandayachepa Nyando and Mohammad Marie were awarded £1,250 prize from the University as our outstanding students of the year.
- Shema Amer was recently honoured by King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia as a high achieving postgraduate.
- Nikki West has been shortlisted for the Royal College of Nursing ‘Nurse of the Year’.
- Jessica Baillie obtained a post-doctoral position in the Medical School.
We are very proud of you all….
Welcome to our new students starting this year… Marie Lewis, Ahmed Alghamdi, David (Abdulrahman) Aldawood, Ani (Aniawanis) Makhtar, Nasiha Al-Braiki, Laura Goodwin, Dave Evans, Jane Davies, Sarah Fry, and Hama (Hamadziripi) Ngandu.
We are really pleased that we have been able to extend the PGR suite so that you can all have a desk and will be in the same room. We look forward to seeing your projects develop.
We also have a few highlights to look out for in the coming year….
- Our new doctoral training programme includes regular seminars and methods ‘masterclasses’ throughout the year (available to download from our main PGR page).
- 5 of you are close to submission so we are looking forward to a busy graduation next summer.
Your evaluation has put us in the top three of the 25 PGR programmes in Cardiff University in terms of overall student satisfaction. However, of course we want to improve on this, so let us know if there is anything we can do… our doors are always open.
Katie and Rosemary